Friday 7 June 2019

Modern quilts and modern blogging

I have been blogging for 10 years now and recently I have gone to less frequent posts, it seems there is less to say and so much more to do! But I miss it, I love taking the photos of quilts and I hope to make more time to carry on blogging, even with Instagram, Pinterest, the website and many other things to do. I don't think I have time to Twitter though! I have been making quilts though so here are some photos:

Modern Quilt by Green Star Quilts
I was inspired by Tula Pink's book and used a million tiny scraps to make the blocks:


Here is the whole quilt which measures 43 x 49 inches, 109 x 124 cm

Modern Quilt by Green Star Quilts
This is the inspiring page although I didn't use her blocks, but made up my own:

100 Modern Quilt Blocks by Tula Pink
The colours are like the primulas and primroses which self seed all over the shadier parts of the garden. This is the backing fabric....

Modern quilt by Green Star Quilts

I have also finished a sweet baby first size bed quilt for a little boy called Teddy which uses some of his outgrown clothes including his first football shirt.....

Memory quilt by Green Star Quilts
The children in the middle are Teddy with his big brother and sister. Now I am really hoping to have time to tidy the sewing room which looks such a mess!

Happy quilting in June to my visitors, 
Kind regards,
Sue 






4 comments:

ChezVies said...

it's a lovely quilt, Sue. I've been eyeing the Tula Pink on Amazon but not sure if I should buy it. Now I can really consider it! Thank you for sharing and by the way, I am agree with you about blogging. I blog to documented my crafting journey and also wrote about tips that I can always look up in the future.

Donna J said...

I love your, Tula inspired quilt. What a great idea, your scrap colors are perfect for this.

Sue @ Quilting the Green Star said...

Thank you for your encouragement, sorry for the slow reply, I didn't find your comment until today! I love the Tula book and she has inspired me so much. Sometimes you look at a book and think 'I know how to do that' but I think new books can always show you something fresh.
Happy sewing,
Sue

Sue @ Quilting the Green Star said...

Hi Donna, thank you, my scrap bag continues to magically grow though so another quilt will be needed soon!
Happy sewing,
Sue