Saturday 1 December 2018

Scrap fabric bibs

This week I have been addressing the pile of fabric scraps which I can't bear to throw away. I found a lovely pattern for bibs ages ago on the internet and sadly can't find it now, so I drew around an old bib to make my own pattern and here are my scrap fabric bibs.....

Scrap fabric bibs by Green Star Quilts 
The fabrics come mostly from a quilt I made which was designed for a bike ride and picnic. I loved the bikes fabric and kept even the tiny scraps afterwards. I'm so glad they have been used!

Scrap fabric bibs by Green Star Quilts
I stitched the three layers together and then turned the bib to the outside. It was a bit of a fiddle with the wadding but cutting it really close to the stitching worked well. After turning, I quilted the whole bib in straight lines and round the edge. The fastening at the neck is a large popper as I find velco catches on soft fine hair and pulls.

I  am also making a memory quilt and you can see this on my website commissions page. 
Are you all making Christmas quilts and gifts? I haven't got to that bit yet!

Hope you have a good week,
Kind regards,
Sue 

No comments: