Monday 12 November 2018

Little elephants on the move

This week I have made a cot quilt for Sophia Rose. Such a pretty name! She is very new to the world having been born in October but is now the owner of her first quilt. I have made so many elephant cot quilts over the years and they all look different with the same over all style. This one is in pinks with pale greens and soft yellows to make it look more modern. Many years ago I was in Paris and saw a window frieze of cut out elephants in a shop display. I drew a quick sketch on the back of an envelope and with more design this has become a favourite quilt pattern. Here is Sophia's quilt....

Cot quilt by Green Star Quilts
The backing fabric is white with tiny bright pink flamingos in rows:

Cot quilt by Green Star Quilts
This quilt measures 36 x 36 inches and has a cream coloured binding...

Cot quilt by Green Star Quilts
Now I am finishing a tractor quilt which is needed for Christmas. So far I have finished the top of the quilt and here it is.....

Cot quilt by Green Star Quilts
Just the quilting needed to complete this one. I love these autumnal colours, the leaves of the beech tree in our garden have  turned to amazing shades of gold which echo the golds in this quilt. The weather is still quite warm and bright low sunshine too, but evenings need a log fire and a cosy blanket when the central heating goes off. At the moment in the evenings I am making felt food.... pasta shapes and lots of cupcakes using lids from plasitc bottles as the base. The internet has lots of free patterns so tonight it is ravioli and an attempt at a pizza! I will show you when I have a complete meal! You should see the bananas!
Have a lovely week sewing, thanks for stopping by,
Kind regards,
Sue   


No comments: