Friday 1 April 2016

Daily life and making a cot quilt

Over the last three months it has been so busy in our household. The addition of four adults, two children and a small dog has left me without a thought to spare for my blog, so I had to stop. Quilts have been made, very much more slowly than usual, a minute here and ten minutes there in the sewing room, sometimes with help from our four year old who sits on the floor with a pile of scrap fabrics ''Designing a quilt Granny ''. 


Mealtimes are full on, dog under the table hopeful of food hurled from the highchair by the baby, but there are moments of great delight... a birthday cake decorated with all the cake ornaments including Father Christmas and Snow White, a gummy smile as the littlest one tasted a mild curry and loved it.... and so it will go on for a few more months until our whole family is more settled. So I will try to blog now and again. I miss the routine of writing and the weekly joy of linking up, the seeing what you are all making, the kind coments about what I make and the feeling of fellowship with quilters all over the world.

 So this is what I made over three weeks:

Jungle animal quilt by Green Star Quilts
I drew a new animal for Lily, the kangaroo...

Jungle animal quilt by Green Star Quilts
Here is her name appliqued at the bottom of the quilt:
Jungle animal quilt by Green Star Quilts
I love the use of 3 inch squares of lots of fabrics to create the scrappy look. The backing is pale blue with tiny rosebuds:

Jungle animal quilt by Green Star Quilts
Here is the finished quilt which is cot sized:

Jungle animal quilt by Green Star Quilts
I hope you all have a lovely weekend. Easter is over now, there still may be the odd tiny unfound chocolate egg in the garden to delight a small vole! Our owls in the ivy tree are beginning to think about nests I hope and there is much to be grateful for at home.

Happy quilting to you all,
Kind regards,
Sue 










  

4 comments:

Lazy Days & Sundays said...

Sounds as if life is treating you well in amidst the chaos but good chaos I'm sure.

Christine Slaughter said...

Life really does get overwhelmingly busy at times (to state the obvious), but you have created such an adorable quilt amidst the busy-ness!

Kat said...

Too cute! I'm sure they'll love it!

Jenny said...

What a lovely little quilt for Lily - she will love it!!