Thursday 19 November 2015

soft colours quilt finished

I am so stiff from my Pilates class, it doesn't seem to get any easier, but surely it must be doing me some good! Natural bendiness is not one of my gifts, but I keep on in the hope that one day I will wake up with a super trim waist and smooth, slim legs, an inch or two longer would be good too..... well a girl can dream!

But I have also finished the soft colours quilt and taken lots of photos before it is posted off to Wales where a little girl will open the parcel on Christmas morning. So here it is and I am really pleased with it:

Soft colours shabby chic quilt by Green Star Quilts
The quilt measures 46 x 60 inches and has 100% cotton wadding which gives a lovely soft drape.



quilting detail 
The quilting is straight line grid 1/4 inch from the ditch of each square and row. I quilted some swirls and tiny hearts and stars in some of the squares to give a random effect....

quilting detail
More lovely photos, I do so enjoy taking these....

shabby chic soft colours quilt by Green Star Quilts
shabby chic soft colours quilt by Green Star Quilts
 
shabby chic soft colours quilt by Green Star Quilts
I really enjoy adding the tiny random quilting designs, making the squares like mini quilts all by themselves....


shabby chic soft colours quilt by Green Star Quilts
 Thank you all of you who left a comment last week. Lots of you like the bigger format pictures and I do too, so I will carry on using them. What I love about quilting blogs is that all the comments I read are so positive and friendly. The thought that we reach across the world to leave a kind comment, a sort of virtual postcard, for someone we have never actually met cheers me everyday. The world needs so much more kindness at the moment don't you think?


Anyway, I am getting through my Christmas orders, amazingly I am in line with my calendar, one more quilt and a cushion to go, then lots of tidying and a big attack on scraps and oddments of leftover fabrics. I hope you all have a productive quilting week too,
Kind regards,
Sue







2 comments:

Quilting Stories said...

What a pretty soft colors quilt, very romantic! I love it!

Donna J said...

I love this quilt, and the quilting is so cool.